When it comes to hacking, surely everyone thinks of a person busy with codes on big machines in a dark room and surrounded by bulky racks with blinking lights. All thanks to movies and TV series, hackers do have that corrupt reputation but the truth is that there are some noble hackers too.
White Hat Hackers, who are involved in Ethical Hacking. Considering the rise within the number of cyber-attacks, the demand for ethical hackers has increased, as companies are hiring them to guard their data from the black hat hackers who are involved with illegal activities.
But, being one (ethical hackers) isn't a simple task and requires tons of studying about tools, techniques and penetration testing. If you are still contemplating whether an ethical hacking career is your cup of tea, here are the top reasons to learn ethical hacking that might convince you to build a career around it. But first of all,
Advantages of Ethical Hacking
For all those that don't know, Ethical Hackers are skilled individuals who are granted access to the network by the authorities then report vulnerabilities within the system. Ethical hacking, also referred to as penetration testing or pen testing, in simple words, is legally breaking into computers and devices to check an organization's defenses.
- Security Measures Testing
- Identifying Weak Areas
- Understanding Hacker Techniques
- Preparing for a Hacker Attack
How Does It Work:
- Helps in Identifying Weak Areas: Ethical Hackers perform a complete analysis of the security system of the company after they have completed the task, they submit a detailed report to the corporate that covers the small print of the vulnerabilities and system flaws.
- Helps in Understanding Hacker Techniques: Ethical Hackers are fully aware of and have full knowledge of the techniques that can be used by an unethical hacker to penetrate the system's security. Ethical Hackers demonstrate such strategies and techniques to the management, which in turn may help the management to work out how unauthorized, illegal persons, or terrorists, etc can penetrate their system and cause serious damages to their businesses.
- Helps in offering Security Measures: Ethical Hackers are selected and employed in a corporation to use their knowledge of hacking tools and methods to check the safety measures of the corporation in a safe and controlled environment.
- Preparing for a Hacker Attack: By using ethical hacking techniques, the ethical hackers can demonstrate the vulnerability level of the company and the devastating consequences of the cyber invasions on it. Thus, making the company prepared for these sorts of attacks.